Friday, July 16, 2010

HOT5 Daily 7/16/2010

1. "Majority Math" A nice analysis of what the GOP might expect to gain in November.

Representative Sample: I'm hearing a lot of noise from people on the right and libertarian side of the aisles that "the dems are going to lose everything this election and we can undo everything Obama has destroyed yaaaay!!!!" Yeah... No. Not Gonna Happen.

2. "Afghanistan: Graveyard of Empires?" How accurate is that cliche?

Representative Sample: I've been a student of history for most of my life and this business of Afghanistan being the "Graveyard of Empires" has always struck me as a bit short on knowledge of the long trail of Asian history. So I went looking. Here's what I found

3. "Pimp My Failed Policy: $20 Million Spent On Pro-Stimulus Signs" I guess the sign makers were stimulated.

Representative Sample: The federal behemoth can’t practice efficiency because it’s antithetical to its nature. Couple that with the fact that the people who advocate for greater federal action are also the least likely to ever seek accountability and it’s already a disaster before the ingredients are even mixed.

4. "History of Nuclear Testing" Interesting graphic animation.

Representative Sample: It's a graphic.

5. "Contrast: Starship Troopers, Airmobility and Light Infantry" I can't resist science fiction references.

Representative Sample: science fiction can be an interesting lens to look at present defense debates. One of the more interesting contemporary examples of this is Robert Heinlein’s novel Starship Troopers.

To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment